Saturday, October 1, 2011

a LOOOOOONG 3 weeks....

Our traumatic week continued into a LOOOOOOOOONG 3 weeks of being sick for our sweet newly 2 year old little boy!! I am thankful to say that we are 110% better now, but our energy level is still just mild. 
Logan had diarrhea for 9 days straight + little throwing up + high fever for 3 days= one tired, sick, little boy! I got a call from Logan's preschool that he wasn't feeling well, he had been fine that morning.  Ate breakfast well, was playing so he went to school. When I picked him up from school it was a completely different story.  He was lethargic, lips and nails were blue, they said he had a temp of 100.2 and he just did not look like he felt good. I got him in the car to go home and I was talking to him and his eyes were just rolling with no response.  FREAK OUT! yes, that is just what I did and drove to the nearest Urgent Care.  He ended up with the diagnosis of strep throat and ended up with a 103 fever by the time we got there.  Poor boy was def. not feeling good. Final diagnosis was strep with a stomach bug and bad diaper rash. YUCK! Let's just say it was a long week!! 
Logan was suppose to have his birthday party with his friend that Friday, but that wasn't going to happen so we were lucky enough they were understanding and we postponed the party till the following Friday. 


Thank goodness Daddy was still in town and able to come help. All he wanted to do is be held and loved on-- I wish under better circumstances. 
You know your child is really sick with he takes 3 naps a day willingly (goes in his room shuts the curtains and lays down in bed and says night-night mommy) and sleeps all night while when not sleeping laying on the couch.  This brought tears to my eyes and I pretty much sat in his door way through all these naps just praying for him. 


On the way home from urgent care. 

I am happy to say that he is all better after a round of antibiotics, a lot of rest, and re hydrating! We are also pretty much potty trained. He had a dry diaper for 2 weeks now! Maybe to big boy undies?!?! He did it all on his own too... 
I wish I had a bubble though--just for a few weeks where we would be healthy and happy!! 
In my dreams I know, but I pray the Lord would continue to bless us with health! 

Thank you for everyone who was praying for us! 

Much love, 
The Weathers

No comments:

Post a Comment