Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Years Eve

For 3 years now we have started a tradition on New Years Eve. 
My sister, soon to be brother in law, JD & I all go to the Dallas Stars Game on New Years Eve. 
It's a different tradition, but such a FUN date night! I really can't wait to Logan can go with us too though! I really think he would like all the action and lights as soon as he can learn to sit still for more than 3 minutes at a time! My soon to be brother in law, Jay is always so sweet and gets the tickets for us (because he is a season ticket holder).  The last 2 years the Stars have won, but this year not so much.  This year was a little different too because most of Jay's family went and JD's family and one of our best friends Jenna came in to go with us as well! Anytime we get to spend with family and friends is ALWAYS worth it! 





My sister in law, Jenn was SO sweet and kept the kids at home while we all went! We were so thankful for an evening to ourselves! Hopefully next year though we will all be able to go and we can arrange a sitter! :) 

The tradition also includes a little after party, after the game is over until the countdown.  We all gather at my sister in law and brother in laws house to eat, drink, play games, and watch the countdown.  After we ring in the New Year we all have 12 grapes that we have to eat.  With each grape you eat you make a New Years Resolution. I really do love traditions!! 

I'm hoping this one is a keeper! 

Happy New Year!! 

Much love, 
Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment