Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mexico Beach



Annual Mexico Beach Trip! 

I live for this week at the beach, we wait and wait for July to get here and then it does and zips right by us! This year we drove... Yep, 13hours in the car with a 2.5 year old and an 11month old. You want adventure, you should try this kinda of a trip ;)! We MADE it though!! I will say I am SO proud of our boys! They behaved extremely well in the car, watched movies, read books, we sang and car danced, pointed out objects we saw out the window (only Logan on this one) and ONLY made 2 stops! One hour long stop for a stretch our legs run around and eat and the other was a drive through bathroom stop! We left our house at 3am and got to the beach by 330p. I would highly recommend this leaving early thing for anyone considering traveling with kiddos! It was fantastic! 
The kids did stay awake for the first hour and JD and I were looking at each other like, "This is going to be a VERY LONG trip." But, after that hour they were both out for about 3-4hours! It really was fun getting to travel all together and talk. 
When we got to the beach we even had about 3-4 hours to piddle around on the beach and fish a little bit too! Let me tell you we were ALL ready for bed that night though! 
The kids did pretty well sleeping, woke up at the crack of dawn each morning (5am)-- yes, WAY TOO EARLY! We all slept in the same room as well (Future reference: NOT A GOOD IDEA) so when one was up they made sure everyone knew it and was ready to play. 


Jackson and is wild man mohawk. 





Exploring the dock. 


I was so worried about Logan falling in the water I made him wear his life jacket everywhere. 



Daddy and Jackson's first day on the beach! 
Some HANDSOME boy/man right there



Jackson checkin out the beach. 
Letting the wind blow through his hair ha! 



Thank you Grandma for the CUTE outfit!! 


Mom and Jackson hanging on the beach. 
Just a note this was my first day on the beach, excuse the paleness and yuck look also just got out of the car after driving 13 hours. 



Could listen to these waves all day everyday!


Logan and I jumping in the waves. 


Papa and Logan checking out the waves, we weren't sure at first about them.



First things first, gotta dig for sand fleas.


First catch of the trip! 



 This year was the first year my parents weren't with me on my birthday so we celebrated the first night! They bought me a cookie cake and sang to me. 
The BIG 2-9. One year closer....:) 







Logan helped me blow out my candles. 
Dad was afraid we would light the house on fire putting 29 candles on my cake, so we just went with one. 
Thanks Dad.

Day 1 complete. 

Much love, 
The Weathers





No comments:

Post a Comment