Thursday, August 8, 2013

MacRitchie Nature Trail

One place we have been told about many times but have not taken the time to try it is MacRitchie Nature Trail. We were told it would be hard to take the boys and the stroller through the trail as there are some hiking features. We decided to go against all suggestions (Ha!) and try it out! 

This place did not disappoint.... 




This was the view as we came into the park. 
Jackson asked to see monkeys for his birthday... boy oh boy did it ever come true! 



I was SO excited about seeing the monkeys as we had not really seen many on our adventures here. 
I think my thoughts have changed on monkey seeing. 
These guys came after the stroller (not to self do not take McDonalds containers or drinks with you) and followed VERY closely to the back of our heels as we walked by. Due to people feeding the wild monkeys they VERY much like bags,drinks, and all other food. 
To say I was a bit nervous is an understatement, I apologize Jenna & JD for ripping your arms off. 


The monkeys following JD with the stroller. 


Beautiful trail



Lots of bamboo


Logan sharing pretzels with his brother airplane style. 




Here comes the airplane Jackson


Open up wide.


In lands the airplane! :) 


We were unable to take the stroller on this part.. Thank goodness it was ALL stairs!! So, Jenna and I went and did the Rainforest walk and JD met us with the boys at the end. 









Jenna & JD also climbed up into a tower in the middle of the trail. 
That's me down below. 


Our boys at the top! 


Hiking the trails! 


Daddy showing Logan something crawling down there. 


Logan said he and Jackson could be leaders together! 
I love moments like this! 
We pray for their relationship as it grows!! 






This little guy was hanging out! 
Yes, I did SPRINT by this guy. 


Guess I should call it a her.. She had 3 babies up in the tree next to me. 




Dirty shoes! 













Matching Daddy & Son






Paranoid... 

Such an awesome trail! As much as I was nervous about the monkeys I would go back in a heartbeat. 
We hiked 7 miles today! 
Fabulous morning workout! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment