Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Potty Training Complete!

Our 3 day potty training extravaganza has come to a complete! 

Logan did so wonderful, with only 2 accidents the first day and stayed dry at naptime & bedtime (with a pull-up) we decided on Day 2 to try the going to school thing. I know it was a far reach and I know we were suppose to stay home 3 days in a row, but I really just felt like he understood and got it. 
Day 2: 
Logan stayed dry all morning long, then went to school and stayed dry and went to the potty twice while there, then stayed dry at nap and all afternoon! I am SO proud of this kiddo!! 

Day 3: 
Logan did awesome again, we did however have one accident this morning, but we talked about it and he was able to verbalize what he did and what we do to correct it. He cleaned up the mess himself and then told me that next time he is to tell Mommy when he needs to go potty and then go to the bathroom. I am AMAZED at how wonderful of a job that Logan did in those 3 days! Not that candy hasn't been a big factor as well, for all his successes he got to choose from his Halloween bucket.  Nothing like a little incentive. 

Since the 3 day potty training we have been on vacation, on playdates, and around town and he has done outstanding.  Don't let me fool you folks, we have had our fair share of accidents, but positive reinforcement has been a helped and being consistent about asking as well. He has gotten rid of the pull up at nap time and is able to keep dry throughout that, but we have kept the pull-up at night although he wakes us up once during the night usually to go potty.  It's all or nothing with this kiddo.  He wont allow himself to wet his pull up-- After going a month with 4 accidents we let him go to Barnes N Noble and pick out a book... smart kid picked out a set of books (of course Cars) and a coloring book (of course Thomas the train).  If you would have asked me 2 months ago if Logan would be potty trained at 25months, I would have told you NO WAY... I would have been ok with 3 years old and potty trained, but I'm thankful I didn't wait and was encouraged to recognize his readiness to do it! 

Next on the list... Paci. 

Don't ask me if I'm ready for this one... 


Much love, 
The Weathers

No comments:

Post a Comment