Friday, November 5, 2010

Up and Coming Chef Logan....

I had a little kitchen helper this week! Every first Thursday of the month our Sunday School women get together for a night of Pokeno and someone new hosts every month! It's a GREAT way for all of us to laugh,  chat, win some great gifts, and eat some good food! :) This month was my month to host and so Logan gladly volunteered (no choice :)) to help his Mom make dessert for last night! We slaved all morning over these sugar cookies we made... 



The starting process.... get our spot ready in the kitchen.  Snacks & drink ready for mini breaks & recipe ready! 



He was so excited he even kept blowing me kisses... :) 


Logan stirring all our dry ingredients together.. 


He was very serious about this process...








We played in between after we got all the ingredients mixed together and they had to chill in the fridge for 2 hours. 


After the 2 hours we got the dough out to roll it out... 



Again, our child great concentration and seriousness when working... 


I didn't even show him how to do this... he just picked it up and started.... I was proud! 



Working hard...
We made cut outs of leaves, pumpkins, letters (the theme for Pokeno this time was "Thankful for....")-- so we spelled that out, cars, and dinos.  
The weather has been SO rainy and cold lately that we haven't been able to go outside like we normally do everyday so I have been racking my brain for fun activities to do inside and this by far was one of the funniest! I didn't even take a picture of the finished product, but I think they turned out pretty good! 

Little man got his flu shot yesterday as well, so he wasn't much up for eating any of his cookies! But, I see a WONDERFUL kitchen helper in our future!! :) 

Now looking forward to a weekend of celebrating our Daddy & Hubby! 

Much love, 
JD, Mar, & Logan

1 comment: