Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Celebrating Grandmomma

This weekend was bittersweet for our family.  My grandmother (Grandmomma) passed away on January 21 of this year and although her passing was a blessing for she is no longer suffering anymore, she will be missed in a BIG way! I have never known someone to give as many compliments as this woman did, she was a believer, one of the most wonderful cooks/bakers, would LOVE you till you couldn't take it anymore.  This weekend we celebrated her life with all our family and her dearest friends in Port St. Joe, FL. This place is just as dear to me as she was and the memories that were made there are precious! I am thankful that my family still gets to enjoy this wonderful place, I find peace at the beach.  I am thankful and blessed that I had the opportunity to speak at her memorial, for those of you who know me public speaking is not my thing, but nonetheless it was a special moment that I will not forget. 

I apologize for the long post, but I'll cherish these pictures and what we celebrated all weekend. 


Logan's first airport shuttle ride! 


Logan and Granddad (Whom he called Papa all weekend :) LOVED it!) watching airplanes. My child was in heaven. 


A ship was docked at the Marina all weekend long so we went and took a tour of it. 


Tia Catie, Logan, & I 

Our little family of 3, almost 4


My home away from home... 


Logan & Dad walking the FREEZING beach!!! 


I walked these beaches every year of my life, most of the times with my Grandmomma. 




The happy couple and where they got engaged... 


We talked about airplanes alot this weekend. 






I could look at this all day long... 








These stairs have been here for as long as I can remember. 
What a wonderful thing that my children get to enjoy one of the most cherished things of my childhood!


Emme & Logan looking at the Pelicans. 








Grandmomma's service. 
What a beautiful woman, inside and out. 


Pictures of all our family and Grandmomma. 




My handsome & WONDERFUL hubby with Logan. 
We didn't take a picture that day 




The bay in town. 







Horrible pic of me, but I love that little man is smiling. 



We rode bikes around the Marina and around town. 








Even Tandem bikes.... which is not as easy as it looks folks. 




One of the most hilarious moments of the day. 
Seriously riding one of these things is great marriage counseling. 










Logan and the Grandparents. 




Our family! 










Uncle Jay & Logan


We also got to go fishing on the boat & feed the dolphins!! 




Feeding the seagulls




Well to say the least it was a peaceful and relaxing weekend celebrating one of the most wonderful women I have known in my life. She was laid to rest exactly where she wanted to be surrounded by all of her family and the ones that loved her most. 

 Sara Mariann Bassford Hendrix
November 25-January 21, 2011

Much love, 
The Weathers

2 comments:

  1. very sweet post about your grandmother. Looks like yall had some fun in Florida, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan does look like your dad!! So cute:-) Enjoyed reading this; glad you guys were able to remember your sweet grandmother in a special place.

    ReplyDelete