Thursday, September 22, 2011

Logan's Traumatic Week...

Our poor sweet boy had a rough start to his birthday week and continued that rough start into a fairly traumatic week.  I say traumatic in the looses of terms, for Logan and I it was traumatic with all things considered we really could just call it a series of "bad" or "eventful" days.  We started off on Sunday deciding that going outside without our shoes on was a good idea.  Which ended in a HUGE splinter straight up the middle of his foot--> leading to JD sitting on the upper half of Logan's body and I sitting on the lower half just to get it out. For me and Logan this was in our opinion traumatic-- I was crying, he was crying, Daddy was trying to calm us both. After it was over though we made the little man his own BIG chair out of pillows on the couch and soothed ourselves with fruit snacks, cars bandaids, and Dino Train.  


Little man on his throne of pillows. 


Our boo-boo.


Had to show it off again. 

Monday we had a pull-up incident.... I will go no further in explaining this one--- TMI. 
But, it resulted in a lot of tears and hurt. 

Tuesday however was even more eventful.  Logan went to school and I received the dreaded phone call... 
Logan had gotten injured while at school... it was not bad enough at the time-- so they told me they just called to inform me they didn't think he needed to be picked up or see a Dr.  I had lunch with a friend that day whose child is in Logan's class and when we got to the school Logan was hysterical. The child hardly cries about any injury (only cries when throwing a tantrum) and he was beside himself. Praise the Lord for sweet friends who helped me managed both kiddos.  Logan got his eye scratched from where the color of the eye is all the way down to where I couldn't even see anymore. His eye was swollen and red-- prob. just from the crying, but it looked horrible. I know how it is when I even have an eyelash on my eye and so I couldn't imagine what that felt like. On top of this injury JD had taken Logan to school because he was going to be gone the whole week and so when Daddy didn't show up to pick Logan up with me Logan was even more upset.  So we finally all made it back to the car and I talked him into wearing his sunglasses so he wouldn't touch it.. I just so happened to have picked him up a cookie after lunch for a fun after school snack, so thank goodness that was a little distraction. After the cookie was gone though it was a ROUGH afternoon. I got the Dr. to call me in some drops and finally talked Logan into sleeping with a cool compress under his sunglasses for his nap. Getting him to sleep was def. a challenge.... 



To top the night off he ended up throwing up and having diarrhea ALL NIGHT that night... 
Praise the Lord my Mom came in town... 
We didn't sleep from 2am Wed. morning till 2pm that afternoon-- I didn't sleep until midnight Wed. night, but  that's beside the point. By dinner on Wed. Logan was completely fine and never ran a fever at all.  However from all the grossness of that night he developed a horrible diaper rash.  So bad that he couldn't even walk without screaming so we were carrying him everywhere.... Poor baby.  

The next day was THANKFULLY uneventful---besides a slow recovery process and I let Logan make some cupcakes for his class! 

Friday was Logan's birthday and I tried my best to make up for the rest of the weeks horrible events! I think my Mom and I did a fairly good job though! Thank you Mom for everything you did!! I'm not sure I would have made it without you!! 

What did Jackson think...

ha! 

Much love, 
The Weathers


No comments:

Post a Comment