Friday, May 27, 2011

Houston Daycation...

Last week JD had to go down to Houston for a meeting all day Friday, so instead of him driving all the way there and back we decided to make it a little mini family vacation! Logan and I made a day of it on Friday and waited patiently for Daddy to get done with his meeting! We went to breakfast at the hotel together to start the day off and then off to Memorial City Mall for a little shopping and extras! :) 


At the Memorial City Mall they have an awesome play place and surprisingly it wasn't busy at all.  There were maybe 5 other kids besides Logan and he just had a ball! Especially after I made him sit in the stroller through my shopping at Target! 


Cheesing....




Saw another big kid climb all the way up this dragon tail.. this is as far as he got, but I think it made him feel pretty BIG since the big boy climbed it too! :) 


As we were playing in the play place a "choo-choo" drove by.  We are seriously into trains these days so it was like the highlight of his day seeing that.  If you know Logan he kept saying "What's that???" followed by "Choo-choo, please" 
Well, I caved and we went and rode the train around the mall.  He absolutely LOVED it!!!
But, for the first time I can remember he wouldn't sit with me, he had to sit across from me while we rode.  Not going to lie I teared up just a bit... Little man is turning into a very big boy!




He was so excited!! 


We had to go look at the engine afterwards.... 


After Logan took an awesome (2-5:30p) nap, Daddy was finally done with his meeting and we hit the pool before dinner! Unfortunately the water was pretty cold so I don't think Logan enjoyed it as much as we had hoped! But, he did warm up to the kid pool after a bit. 




Daddy had to put in a little extra effort getting Logan in the big pool... 


On Saturday after a wonderful family meal at Chili's the night before-- I know we have one in Tyler, but it was close and I was hungry so I didn't want to drive far--we hit the Houston Zoo up as a family! Logan and I have done the zoo once before just by ourselves, but everything is more fun when Daddy gets to go with us!! We love this zoo! 


Daddy & Logan by the seals at the zoo. 



Logan watching the turtles and fish.


They had this black and brown squirrel in an exhibit and we are very much into squirrels as well right now. 


Neatest little tunnel for the kids to crawl through and the fish swim around them.  Logan made it this far and then turned around! He attempted though. 



Logan and Mom being monkeys at the zoo!



Their children's area is pretty awesome as well, lots of slides! 


Logan and Daddy visiting the (dirty) goats :) He loved it though! 

Every once in a while, I've decided we need to do one of these Daycations.... so much fun and I love spending time as a family.  Especially before the new little man Jackson makes his appearance so soon!! 

Much love, 
The Weathers

1 comment:

  1. What a fun daycation! The zoo looks nice and what a fun little train!!

    ReplyDelete