Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jackson's Bedding-- 1st Bedding Project!

While my Mom was here she talked me into making Jackson's bedding.  I was set on just buying possibly some breathable bumpers and getting red sheets and calling it a day.  Putting some pictures on the wall and decorating his room up that way, I didn't have the time or the energy to try and figure out what I wanted to do.  
Well, THANK YOU MOM for convincing me Jackson needed a special room just for him! I am SO thankful and glad that we did this and even more excited about our little man using it! Mom and I found these train sheets, in blue and white, at Marshalls and based the room decor off of that.  We also found some navy and white striped sheets and incorporated those as well! Mom helped me make the quilt, which we took the pillow shams from the guest bed and used those as the back of the quilt and then cut the sheets into 9x9 squares and sewed them together.  I have to say I wasn't sure how this would turn out... but it's beautiful!! Mom helped me cut out all the material for the bumpers and JD helped me assemble it.  How I LOVE having an engineer for a husband! I even sewed piping into the top of the bumper to add some detail... For all my crafty friends out there this is probably a VERY simple project, but I'm pretty impressed that I got it all figured out! :) I absolutely LOVE it all though!! 

Along with the bedding we are moving Logans dresser into Jackson's room and we have refurnished a dresser we had of JD's.  We are FULL of projects lately!! Must be this nesting phase I'm in, ha!! 

Finished product pictures to come! 








We have been blessed with SO many wonderful gifts for Jackson! 
This diaper wreath for the hospital door was made by our friend Jennifer.  It's so adorable and the blue circle at the bottom is for his footprint! 


This is most of the things Jackson has gotten! Most all of them are homemade!! Such crafty friends we have!! 

Thank you everyone and especially Mom & JD for making Jackson's room SO special!! 

Much love, 
The Weathers

1 comment: