Friday, July 8, 2011

Mexico Beach 2011

This past week we headed to Florida for our annual summer trip to the beach! Oh how I love this place!!! I'm so glad that we were able to go too, seeing as I was 33-34 weeks while we were there as opposed to the only 30 weeks I was the last time I went pregnant.  No worries, I got the O.K. from the Dr. 

This year we had some close friends of ours come with us-- Thanks Upton's for putting up with us all week! :) In deciding traveling plans the girls, Tara & I decided to fly with the boys; with the recommendation of my OB-- that a 2 hour flight would be better than a 13 hour drive.  I think Tara would agree with me when we say flying was to say the least very interesting.  We got parked hopped on the shuttle, made it to the terminal, just to find out we had to go check in due to the kids not being on our tickets.  I got all the way through security with a ticket that wasn't mine and didn't notice till I was trying to get Tara and I sat closer together (17C & 3B-- not close at all). We weren't able to sit next to each other since we each had a lap kiddo due to the oxygen mask number so as I was at the ticket counter they were telling me I was at the wrong gate.  I was so confused until they called me Ms. Martin... then I looked at my ticket... yep LeAnne Martin going to Des Moines sorry about that-- hope you made your flight. Anyways we got that all changed and weren't able to sit at all near each other. Once we got on the plane we sat on the tarmack for at least 30minutes while something was going on with the plane with which my SO tired little man was begging for some entertainment while I couldn't start the movie until we had taken off... after everything got underway the boys did great! Luke slept the whole way and Logan slept the majority of it after watching about 30 minutes of Nemo! 

Our wonderful husbands were there to meet us at the airport to pick us up! They made great timing after leaving at 2am that morning to drive. After a 2 hour drive we finally made it to the beach house!! My parents were able to come as well for this week, which I was SO glad!! They got there later that evening after the boys went to bed. 



Logan and Papa getting the fishing gear ready! 



Logan ready for his first outing on the beach... Hat.. check... sunglasses... check... peace out...how bout a wave?! 


Luke & Logan... 
Logan def. got attached to Luke this trip-- everywhere he walked... "JUKE!! JUKE!!!" 


I attempted to take as little pictures as possible of myself-- I know everyone says I'll want to remember, but anyways.... Me and my little man fishing the canal! He had so much fun and did such a great job reeling in the line! 


Logans first fish! I cast the bait and he reeled it all in!! 


Helping Daddy get the fish off the hook. 


Master of the water hose.... 


In the mornings the guys would walk down pretty far to do some fishing and the ladies and kiddos wanted to go too so the guys rigged up a a little set up to take the boys! They enjoyed it for the most part! 


Our set up one morning... 


Luke & Logan saying high to each other... 


JD with the boys! 


Daddy and Son ready for the beach! 



Boys and their toys...


Logan making sure Emme & Papa knew where he was... 
I have to admit it was really cute when he ran towards them and started waving... 


They guys and the boys... 



We rented a boat one day to go fishing/snorkeling in the bay... 
Captain Logan and Papa driving the boat... 




Logan and Papa were attached at the hip this boat ride... 


Jd's flounder which we kept and baked!  


Cooling off... 


The guys and their fish...


My sweetheart and I! 




Hmm... what's wrong with this picture?!  
The boy who can walk is in the walker (he does have clothes on btw) and the boy who can't wait is not... 


Bathtime fun! 
Love those farmers tans! 




Logan and I enjoying the water... 34 weeks here... 


The last day we were there the water was slick as glass so we decided to take a little family kayak trip...


The gang... 


What a fun group! 
Everyone up for next year?!! 

To be continued... 

Much love, 
The Weathers

No comments:

Post a Comment