Monday, August 15, 2011

August 8, 2011

This day will be forever a sweet memory to me, just as September 16, 2009 was.  Although Logan's birth was planned (due to induction) Jackson's was a different story.  
I had been having contractions all night long, this had happened earlier in the week as well and I did nothing about it then, this time JD suggested we time them just to see. At my appt the Tues. before I was already 3.5cm dilated and 70% effaced, so we were wondering if these contractions had made me progress further.  We timed the contractions coming 4-6 minutes apart for an hour, so I called my Dr. office, which it took another hour to get a call back and they suggested I go up to Labor and Delivery at the hospital and get Jackson's heartrate and my progress checked out.  I was very skeptical about going, I didn't want to be sent home and discouraged, so my sweet husband gave me no option and he stayed home from work and we headed to the hospital.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends here, friends that we trust our child with and have full confidence in their care--one of those people being the Uptons. Thank you friends for loving on Logan and taking care of him for a whole day!! 
APOLOGY:
We made the decision when we decided to go to the hospital not to call and tell anyone because we weren't sure what the outcome was going to be. So were sorry for those who were not informed (our parents and families) immediately. 
When we got to Labor and Delivery--it was a happening place that Monday-- all the triage rooms were full so we got a real room to be triaged in.  Next all hooked up to the monitors and Jackson's hr was in the 120's  looking good, my contractions however were not making the charts- although I could still feel them. The nurse checked my progress and I made it to a 5 and 80%... So she called my Dr. and he made the decision to keep me. My bp was also through the roof.. which had never happened before. Nurse came back and said were having this baby TODAY and he will be here by 5pm! My OB called my last delivery as well... he said Logan would be here by 1:30pm... I delivered at 1:28pm.
JD & I were floored and started calling everyone.  Nurse started my IV, my OB came in about 12:30 and broke my water and they moved me to another delivery room.  I decided it was time for my epidural about 1:30-- I was never really in pain the whole time, just thought since I was already comfortable I might as well stay that way! :) 


Triage


In the new room.

After the epidural I was a 6 and 90% and it was a waiting game then.  I had some waves of nausea from the epidural but besides that it was relaxing.  We also got to have some wonderful visitors, my sister in law was coming into town that day to help me with Logan-- we were gonna take the kids to the spray park and run errands, get the house ready-- trust me I had a list of to do's... but plans change.  So my sister in law & nephew came to entertain us while we waited.  Around 4pm I really started to feel like I could push. The nurse checked and I was a 9.5 & 100%-- so we called the OB, which it took him 30 min. to get there.  3 pushes and Mr. Jackson Paul made his grand entrance.  


Jackson Paul Weathers
7lbs 4oz 


I had forgotten the JOY I felt after having Logan-- A child is without a doubt a miracle and gift from the Lord! We are so thankful for this blessing of Jackson & our new family of 4! 


With a little TMI maybe, but I walked out of the delivery room without a scratch. I am pretty sure my whole experience was just TOO easy-- Praise the Lord. 


Proud Daddy



Our beautiful diaper wreath for our hospital door


Gorgeous flowers from The Murillos & Weathers! 
These made our room smell fabulous!! 


Tired Daddy getting some snuggle time!


Beautiful flower arrangement from the Bulgers. 


Proud Big Brother!! 


My boys... how precious each of them are to me! 

Much love, 
The Weathers

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! What a great story. My first delivery was easy, but the second one was a breeeeeze. Sounded like it was the same for you - such a blessing. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite picture is the last one of JD and Logan with HUGE smiles!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete