Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Labrador Park

I FINALLY got my running stroller I have been looking for since we got here. 
I sold our double umbrella stroller (it was too wide to take places and although light and easy to fold, it was just hard to go distances with.  As my Dad said if I were to continue trying to push that stroller to exercise I would end up looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ha!) on Craig's List here and bought a running stroller in exchange! 
I have been dying to get back into running and we have the most beautiful trails by our place. 
Labrador Park is one of the closer parks and the kids just LOVE it. 
I get to run all the way there, we stop-- I am DRENCHED in sweat by this point; so it is a nice break and we get to play, sometimes meet new friends, and walk along the beach front after. 
You hear the ocean waves crashing and feel the salty sea air; can anyone tell I LOVE the beach! 


The playground
They also have a maze made out of large posts on the other side and the boys enjoy doing that as well. 


The beach front. 
We can look out at all the barges in the bay and see part of Malaysia as well. 
We see people doing Tai Chi and others meeting with their dogs for lunch dates. 
The trails that run through this park are beautiful. Nice and shaded. The boys and I have been enjoying listening to KLOVE as we run as well! There is nothing better than worshipping our Lord while admiring his creation. 


The boys stomping; I mean admiring the flowers. 


I think my average mileage for running has been about 2-3 miles so far. Looking to add to it! 
I'm not sure if it's the humidity or what, but it seems to be so much more difficult to run here. 
There are very few hills/inclines-- maybe I'm just that out of shape! ;) 
This has been our morning routine so far though! :) 


Much love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment