Sunday, April 14, 2013

IBC & Taxi

On Sunday we visited the International Baptist Church for their 915am service. JD had visited a few times while being here on his own and so we were excited to get to enjoy it with our Daddy this time. Jet lag on Sunday was probably the worst- we were all sort of half there, so I apologize for the lack of pictures. I didn't even think to get my camera out. We did get a few though! 


The boys and I on our first taxi ride all ready for church!
The boys LOVED this! Logan had many comments for the taxi driver-- Why was he driving so fast? Why was he driving like that? Asking about everything in his car. 
Oh, Lord fill our minds and hearts with encouraging words to give to others. 
Lord, help our witness to be pure, that we will have a servant heart towards everyone we meet! 
Lastly, that I would not sweat the little things-- such as the words of my innocent child that is asking questions out of curiosity not the want to be offensive. 


Logan and Jackson in the elevator on the way down to the taxi. 
Got these pictures mixed up. 
They were so handsome and so excited to go! 


Our sweet boys! They sure do love each other!
That is one thing about this experience I will treasure forever is the closeness that is been developed between our boys! What a blessing!

We loved the International Baptist Church-- makes us all think of rootbeer-- IBC. The sermon was wonderful, it was on rejection and how the Lord has not rejected us and the reassurance of how much He loves us. We were able to meet the pastor after church and it was a reminder of how small this world actually is, the pastor was a youth pastor for Trinity Baptist in the 80's in Tyler, TX. That is where her started his ministry journey. I thought that was neat! 

Another couple I was excited to meet was the Moore's.  Alan and Lynda Moore have been talked about to me since I found out we were going to Singapore. My mother-in-law has some connections that led her to them and then my dear friend Mrs. Linda shared with me that a couple in her Sunday School class had lived in Singapore and served with them here. They were the sweetest people! I am so encouraged by them and excited to have a little more "un-jet-lagged" conversation. 

Logan very much enjoyed his Sunday School class and he said he made some new friends in there! Answered prayer for this Momma! Jackson on the other hand had a little more difficult time. When we dropped the kids off for the nursery we had to register them and they gave us tags and numbers for each child. In the sanctuary there is a small screen that flashes numbers on it if they need you downstairs. We dropped Jackson off and he was upset, which is normal and he calmed down before we went upstairs for service. The service began with the Chinese choir preforming Sorry to the people around me for my lack of singing ability and my lack of knowledge for Mandarin  Near the end of the service it struck me I had not looked at the boys numbers on their cards nor looked for the screen. As I looked for the screen and found it, sure enough Jackson's number popped up there just as I saw it. 

Poor sweet thing was so tired. Jackson has never been anywhere but Green Acres before so this was a new experience I know they were sweet people in that nursery and I told them we would try again next time! Jackson did wonderful sitting through service with us though! 

Looking forward to getting more involved in the church. They have MOPS on Tuesdays and Bible study Thursdays! Can't wait!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love getting to hear about y'all's life in Singapore! Please keep up with the updates :)

    How exciting that they have MOPS and Bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the updates, too! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete