Saturday, April 20, 2013

MOVE IN

We left the serviced apartment fairly early-- after hitting up Starbucks of course. Our air shipment was due to arrive at the new apartment at 930am so we wanted to make sure we were there! 
We also had the landlord coming over to drop off 2 pieces of furniture and a new dryer. Our bed we ordered and mattress was to be delivered as well! 


Crown Relocations did a great job of getting our air shipment here in a jiffy and unloaded for us! They did everything! Unpacked every box/tupperware and even put some things away for us. We were very pleased with their help and efficiency on this end! 


The boys excited about their new Thomas the Train stickers for the walls and windows from Aunt Catie! 
Aunt Catie-- they were a hit! 
That kept the boys busy for some time decorating Logan's room with them! 


Logan's room until we get our Sea shipment, which wont be till the middle of May :/. 
Luckily he doesn't mind and he thinks sleeping on the air mattress is pretty cool. 


Our new dryer. 
I also had to take this picture because if you notice.. it's upside down and remains so to this day. 
I laugh everytime I look at it. 

The landlord was nice enough to give us 2 pieces of furniture so we wouldn't have to go buy them.  Both from IKEA of course! I ended up loving the bed frame! We were suppose to get a mattress as well, but the landlord said it was in storage and when she went to pick it up someone had been sleeping on it. I was ok that she didn't bring it. JD did get a fun trip out of that though. We have a very sweet landlord and she and her husband took JD shopping for a mattress because we thought she was bringing one. She first stopped and bought us a bunch of groceries for the boys and us-- very, very thoughtful and then they took him to a shop. What we would call a "hole in the wall" kind of shop and the man he bought the mattress from closed down his shop to deliver it for us and JD rode in his lorry (a truck with an open back) with him to bring it back to the apartment. Haha! Adventure for him for sure! 
After our mattress was delivered, Mom and I went to find the VIVOMart down the street to get the necessities and some lunch.  This is where I learned A LOT of food places do not take credit cards. Let's just say we learned some valuable lessons that day. Lesson learned, when you have a lot of stuff eat the cost and get a taxi and ALWAYS carry CASH on you. 

Mom after our shopping trip. 
I'm sorry I inherited the directionally challenge gene Mom and I'm sorry we didn't have furniture yet! 

I can honestly say that is the NASTIEST I have ever been, even after a really, really hard workout. 
I have NEVER sweated so much in my life. 
Let me just say I am SO VERY thankful I have a Mom that would walk miles for me just to bring a few groceries and a ton of necessities back for the apartment. I am so very grateful we made it through that trip and have never taken that way again! 
On to new adventures!


Headed to the pool.
Pictures are off my phone and not so good. 


Emme and her rice hat! :) 
She fits right in! :) 


Our pool area! 



Olympic pool. 


One of the kids pools. 

After our exhausting trip to VIVO and long morning it was time to hit the pool! 
We LOVE our big pool by the way. It has an Olympic sized lap pool in the middle and then on either side it has kid pools! It was so much fun! 


Daddy with his boys!! 
They enjoy every moment they get to spend with that man. 



My boys! 

On one of the kid pools they have this neat slide! I decided to take the boys and give it a try. 


Logan did awesome.


Me on the other hand...

Almost drowned my youngest child. 
Didn't realize how fast I was going to go or how slippery the bottom was going to be. 
Embarrassing moment.. 

Jackson is fine by the way..



On the way home we decided to let the boys play a little bit on one of the playgrounds. 





I see many days of playing here. 


Mom and I went to find WiFi at the clubhouse and this was the view of the pool at night from up there. 


 Can't wait to start making our place look like home! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment