Sunday, April 21, 2013

Singapore Sunday

We woke up Sunday morning and two of my boys snuggled in bed enjoying the windows open and watching the boats early in the morning! 
Think I could get used to this, for sure! :) 


We got ready to go to International Baptist Church again. 
I was excited to attend this church again! 
#1. Jackson was not well at all (did not know that at the time) so nursery was very hard for him.
#2. I hardly remember anyone I met that day because of jet-lag.


On the way to church. 
Sweet. Sweet.


Helping his bubba with his backpack.


Logan, Mr. Independent ready to make his way to church. 


Sitting on one of the fountains outside of our place. 


Our sign for our place. 


Church service. 
Again it was a wonderful sermon that I pray we put into practice this week! 
I signed up to help with VBS this year. 
I met with the Director of VBS and she had me do an interview and she asked me to be a story teller. 
I was so excited when she asked me to do it because we have started reading the boys (Logan has gone through the book almost 2 times now) the Jesus Storybook Bible at night.  I have loved it because it is teaching the boys the basic stories in the Bible and allowing me to go back and read the stories in full.  What a beautiful reminder of God's promises, grace, and teaching them and me about God's character. 
All that to say I thought I would be reading to a group of 8-10 or 10-15 kiddos in the classroom. Little did I know God was going to bring me out of my shell even more. 
They have asked me to read the story for VBS to 150-200 kids at a time and not in a classroom, but a stage. 
Whoa. 
Now the Lord has done a big work in me through a number of opportunities this past year.  He has in numerous ways brought me out of my shell and been shaping me into the bold person for Him that I know he wants me to be.
Although the thought of this is CRAZY to me. I mean I can be animated with my children and even with a class of 10 kids, but the number makes it intimidating. 
All this to say I accepted and am praying for the Lord's provision in how I can boldly tell his stories to these  kids and that in all of it His reflection and character is what is shown. 
The Lord is faithful though, they only provide childcare (for kids under 5) for 10-12 kids of volunteers.  They do this because most people here have "help" that can take care of their kids for them. Our boys were the last to get in for childcare and so I took that as confirmation this is what I'm suppose to do. 
I will be working with the Coordinator of MOPS here and I'm SO excited to get to know her.


On the way home from church we decided to venture out and try the MRT. 
Logan got his own MRT card and was SO excited to be able to do it. 
Yes, I took full action shots of his first time! 
Putting his card on the reader. 


Walking through! 


Finish! So big! 


On the MRT. Boys first ride! 
This is something that is going to take some time for me to learn. 

We got home and it was a watermelon afternoon!! 
We are still working on our furniture and I was not having the boys eat on the living room floor so we opted for the balcony for easy clean up! 


Sweet boy loves his watermelon! 


 The boys did awesome in the childcare today and really loved the kids they got to play with! 
Logan actually remembered some of the kids name in his Sunday School class so we have been talking about them and praying for more relationships to develop! 

Happy Sunday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment